FAQ – Terms and Conditions
My workload is currently extremely high. Delivery
times may exceed general timelines mentioned below.
Your patience will be most appreciated.
1. What do I need to provide to have my coat of arms designed or painted?
If an old coat of arms exists in your family I would need a copy of it. In addition I need a description and your vision of what the coat of arms should represent. If no coat of arms exists in your family I just need a description and your vision of the coat of arms. Sketches and images of your vision are also very helpful. The more detailed the description, the less the revisions /cost.
2. What is the procedure?
For larger projects a minimum 50% deposit is required for any project to start. Final payment (50%) is due on approval of design, before artwork is e-mailed or shipped. Work begins upon receipt of order and of payment, and a general idea of your vision for the design. You will receive a very unique and customized service. I will be in touch with you via e-mail or phone, and you will be able to give your creative input on the design and approve sketches before artwork is finalized.
3. How long does it take?
All projects are done on a “First Come-First Serve” basis and all my work is done manually with pen, brush and paint. A digital vector design will take typically 3 – 6 weeks. Paintings by hand will take several months depending on work load. Currently my work load is very high, there is a waiting list and delivery dates could exceed the general timelines. It is therefore strongly recommended that projects are planned and booked well in advance of any deadline dates.
4. Do you accept Rush Jobs?
Generally no, but I will try to work with clients individually. If accepted expect a 30% surcharge and full upfront payment. Rush jobs for traditional paintings on canvas are not accepted.
5. Will I receive regular artwork progress updates?
It is an individual step by step process and there will be as much communication as required until you are happy with the design/painting. You will receive updates via e-mail and phone calls as needed. Depending on workload there may be periods when you don’t hear from me, but you are always welcome to e-mail or call me for a chat and progress inquiries.
6. What is the cost for a coat of arms design/painting?
Cost varies depending on the option selected. To see options please click here.
Applicable Sales tax is added and charged on check out.
7. What is the price for a family tree design?
The price for a family tree is estimated by number of people and amount of illustrations to be represented within the artwork. To provide accurate cost estimates an exact count of all people/ancestors is required. Applicable Sales tax is added and charged on check out.
8. What design options do you offer?
I offer vector designs, digital paintings, and traditional paintings in acrylics or oils on canvas. See style samples below.
9. How many drafts and revisions are included?
It is very important that instructions for any project are clear and detailed. Included within the quoted price, depending on selected option, are initial draft(s), 1-2-3 set(s) revisions, plus final artwork. If more sets of revisions are required the client will be notified in advance and charged $50 for every hour of extra work.
Sketch or Draft: A hasty, undetailed or rough concept, drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.
Set of revision: A set of revisions means a list of things to be revised or changed in a design after a draft has been submitted for review and approval to a client.
10. Do you use clipart or templates?
No, all my work is exclusive and individually designed. Either hand designed digitally in vector software , hand painted digitally or traditional with acrylics or oils on canvas. They are not mass produced or off the shelf. They are unique, one of a kind pieces of art and require hours of work.
11. Is shipping and framing included in the prices?
If applicable shipping up to U$25.00 is included. Framing is not included. Digital design are delivered via e-mail or file transfer websites.
12. Can I get a refund?
Refunds are only acceptable for payments made upfront where no work was done or delivered. But in case of project termination by client before completion, where sketches, drafts, revisions or finals have already been submitted, paid installments plus a 10% cancellation fee will be required.
13. Can you register my Coat of Arms?
I don’t provide registration services, but can assist you with the process.
14. Who owns the copyright?
Generally the sale, commission and ownership of artwork does not automatically transfer the copyright to a buyer. Following rights come with a commission:
- Ownership of physical artwork and/or digital artwork.
- Exclusive (non commercial) full reproduction rights, such as copies, prints,
- merchandise for business, family members and relatives.
- Buyer agrees to give appropriate credit to the artist in all reproductions.
- Artist reserves the right to display artwork in promotion and portfolios.
- Mass reproduction/resale of a design or painting for strict commercial purposes require a prior licensing agreement with the artist.
- All other licenses and rights not specifically granted herein, remain with the artist.
15. Can I research myself and design my own Coat of Arms?
Sure, you have a couple options:
1. Do a full genealogical research that fully traces the lineage of your family back to it’s origins. This is the most costly and time consuming, but the best and surest way to determine if an old genuine coat of arms existed in your family.
2. Or go to an internet coat of arms search site, this is the least expensive, but the information you will receive is based on heraldic sources, not individual genealogical search that traces your lineage. You might end up with a coat of arms for your name but this is NOT to be confused with a personalized search of descent or lineage , or a coat of arms that is newly and uniquely designed for you. You could do the above either by yourself, or by hiring a qualified researcher/artist to design or paint a unique coat of arms for you.